Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Salehoo Forums / Membership Fees

I was just browsing the net and decided to plug in our business name just to see what "pops up." On the very first search page I see this forum thread listed on Salehoo.com with our business name.

Salehoo.com appears to be geared toward Ebayer's looking to purchase all types of commodities and also, the wholesaler who has the goods to offer.

So I decided I wanted to reply. But you have to pay a $69.95 Annual Membership fee. So I paid the annual membership fee just so I could reply to this particular thread.

I replied and in my reply I did mention our website as it was necessary to prove my point and not for promotional purposes. The member who started this thread claims we are just another "home based" business. Which we are not and our physical business address is clearly listed on our website. Not that there is anything wrong with a home based business as that is how we started and to date, I still work from home when need be.

But after replying to this post, I receive an email from Salehoo's support team stating that I cannot list our website address for promotional purposes, as this is against their policy's, so they hid the link. I had to laugh, I just paid $69.95 just so I could reply to this thread and find that it was a complete waste! What was the point, right?

Their support team pointed out that in order to advertise/promote your company, you have to complete a vendor application. I guess that is OK, they are doing common good for their members.

I did take the time to browse thru their website and it looks like another wholesale411 kind of deal. EXCEPT you have to pay just to utilize their website. There are several B2B websites out there that are similar to Salehoo.com and you don't have to pay to find useful information!

No comments:

Post a Comment